Roles and responsibilities of the Vice-President include, but are not limited to:
- Make decisions in lieu of the President being unavailable.
- Responsible for the administration and management of the NSGSA’s Co-Curricular Record (CCR) meetings and submissions
- Schedule and organize monthly student-run workshops/skill sharing sessions. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Journal Club
- Overviews of common statistical techniques/coding programs (i.e., SAS, R, STATA etc)
- Use of reference managers (EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks, etc)
- Liaise with the Social Representatives to ensure the major Department social gatherings roll out effectively, including the Welcome Back Event, Annual Holiday Party, , and Summer Picnic
- Represent all graduate students by attending scheduled DNSAA meetings
- Collaborate with the NutriNews Editor for the preparation and development of the annual/semi-annual edition of the Department’s Magazine (NutriNews)
- Work with the President to host the student meeting with the Edna Park lecturer in November
- Recruit DNS intramural volleyball team captain
- Together with the President and Treasurer, research and work on additional funding application submissions to support the NSGSA budget
- Liaise with the Community Liaisons to ensure major Department community events roll out effectively, including the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, fundraising for community events, Ronald McDonald House Home for Dinner, and Science Rendezvous.
The Vice-President position may be held by 1 to 2 individuals. If 2 individuals are elected the responsibilities may be divided as shown by the sub-headings: “internal” and “external” roles, or upon discussion and agreement between the 2 Vice-Presidents, so long as each responsibility is addressed and assigned to a specific executive for accountability purposes.
Nominations for the Vice-President position are currently open.
If you want to nominate yourself please fill the Nomination form.