Roles and responsibilities of the Mentorship Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Must be a senior graduate students (i.e., at least one year of graduate school experience)
- Implement a mentorship program for incoming graduate students
- Recruit senior students to act as mentors and new students who would like a mentor
- Coordinate matches between the senior and junior students based on research stream and location
- Oversee mentorship program, ensure monthly contact between mentors and mentees
- Notify First Year Representative of events or programs useful to new students
- Organize a mentorship mixer in September, and 2-3 other mentorship events throughout the year
- Promote events through NSGSA newsletters, Facebook, email, website, announcements at weekly seminars, and via word of mouth
Nominations for the Mentorship Representative position are currently open.
If you want to nominate yourself please fill the Nomination form.