Roles and responsibilities of the First Year Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Mentorship Representative in running the mentorship program
- Create a mailing list of new students for the promotion of NSGSA related events and dissemination of relevant information for first year graduate students
- Share details about upcoming events and information relevant for first year graduate students via the mailing list and via word of mouth
- Act as an ambassador to new students – encourage attendance at social, academic, and community based events organized by the NSGSA
- Act as the liaison between new students and the NSGSA
- Assist the Social Representative and Community Liaisons in running events and recruiting volunteers
Nominations for the First Year Representative position are currently closed.