Roles and responsibilities of the Treasurer include, but are not limited to:
- Hold position for a minimum of 2 years
- Oversee all funds obtained and spent by the NSGSA
- Oversee the NSGSA bank account (BMO), and report financial status to the members at least 3 times per year (September, January, and May-June)
- Provide and present a proposed potential annual operating budget for the upcoming year at the first or second NSGSA meeting
- Provide a written financial statement and prepare the annual head grant application for the GSU (each fall) – prepared by the Treasurer and submitted by the GSU Representative
- Reimburse members for NSGSA related payments made in a timely manner
- Ensure that the members submit original and scanned receipts with accurate description of each purchase and event for which it was purchased
- Keep accurate records or treasury activities for the two-year period and keep up-to-date on GSU requirements for record keeping
- Liaise with DNS Business Officer and the Chair to facilitate Annual Holiday Party planning and payment
- Work with the members to apply for grants and other funding sources
Nominations for the Treasurer position are currently open.
If you want to nominate yourself please fill the Nomination form.