There are two positions available for this role. Roles and responsibilities of the Community Liaison include, but are not limited to:
- Organize community outreach events representing the DNS, including the planning, coordination, and post event deliberation for the events listed below, as well as any additional events that may be of interest to members of the DNS:
- November: Royal Agricultural Winter Fair (RAWF) participation – coordinating a booth which provides interactive activities for all age groups with a focus on those for children aged 4 to 12 years
- January to March: Ronald McDonald House Home for Dinner event occurring one evening during this period, fundraising* and planning a meal and organizing a team of volunteers to prepare a nutritious (and delicious) meal for family with members requiring care at the Hospital for Sick Children
- Coordinate fundraising events, such as, seminar Coffee Breaks, raffles, and bake sales, etc (*all funds required to purchase groceries to create the 3 course meal is to be obtained from these fundraising events)
- May: Science Rendezvous participation – coordinating a booth which provides interactive activities for all age groups with a focus on those for children aged 4 to 12 years
- Encourage volunteer participation in events from all areas of the DNS by coordinating with Hospital and Social Representatives
Nominations for the Community Liaison position are currently open.
If you want to nominate yourself please fill the Nomination form.